Presentation of Ilgın District 
  
Ilgın is a lovely district of Konya province, located in the southern west part of the Central Anatolia. It is 87 km northern west of the provincial centre. The district’s population is 75,581 in total and 26,698 in the centre, and there are 41 villages and towns. In the district, there are hot springs and mineral springs dating from the Roman Empire for health tourism, as well as historical mosques and a covered Turkish bazaar. 
  
Ilgın was established as a great city-state called “Yalburt” by Hittites 3500 years ago, between 1500-1200 B.C., in 25 km north-east of its current location. Called Triatum in the classical periods, Ilgın is located on the Royal Road, therefore it draws attention as an important city. Ilgın and surroundings located on the Royal Road, which starts from Lydian capital city Sard in the Aegean coast and extends to Mesopotamia, was under the control of Hittites, Phrygian, Lidia, Roman and Byzantine states respectively, and then conquered by Kutalmışoğlu Süleymanşah (the founder of Anatolian Seljuk State) in 1077 and joined in Great Seljuk State. 
  
Ilgın is surrounded by Kadınhanı in the east, Doğanhisar, Akşehir, Tuzlukçu in the west, Hüyük, Beyşehir, Selçuklu, Derbent in the south and Yunak district in the north. Northern and western parts of Ilgın are surrounded by barren mountains, and southern parts are also surrounded by higher mountains covered by oaks and partly pinewoods. The centre of the district was established on fertile soils on the plain, and it has been developing day by day. 
  
Ilgın hot springs have been known for a long time. As the baths were constructed on springs by the Romans and then the Byzantines, it became a valuable water healing source of capital Konya during Seljuk period. Ilgın hot springs were the place where Turkish sultans and their mentors recovered in Roman, Byzantines, Seljuk and Ottoman periods respectively. It is said that His Holiness Mevlana, the sultan of the hearts, used to take baths in the hot springs, and wrote a great part of his Masnavi here. On the other hand, our eminent traveller Evliya Chelebi also mentioned the impressive hot springs in his travel book. 
 
Saadettin İsa Dome 
It was constructed in H.685 (B.1286); however, its builder is not known. It is a pyramidal brick building with a stone body and a dome, in the type of classic Seljuk mausoleums. According to another claim, Saadettin Isa Dome is Şeyh Bedrettin Mausoleum. 
  
Dediği Mahmut Sultan Mosque 
It was constructed in Beykonak town 15 km away from Ilgın 500 years ago by Sanavber Hatun –one of the freed female slaves of II. Kılınçarslan– by Architecture Eminüttin for Dediği Mahmut Sultan from Turgutogullari and Seljuk families, and the fact that the mosque and the cemetery formed around the mosque were transformed to mausoleum, hermitage and dervish lodge in time is understood from the ancient name of Beykonak Town which was once Dervish Lodge (Tekke). Moreover, the village also hosts the ruined I. Kılınçarslan Mosque. 
  
Pir Hüseyin Bey Mosque  (Grand Mosque) 
It was constructed near Grand Mosque in XV. century in Karamanids period by Pir Hüseyin Bey from Turgutogullari. In due course, it was restored and its architectural style was changed. It has the architectural characteristics of its time. It is still standing, and used as a house of prayer. 
  
Lala Mustafa Paşa Mosque (Kurşunlu Mosque) 
It was constructed by Lala Mustafa Pasha in H.984 (M.1576) when he conquered Cyprus. The mosque and the fountain were built in classical Ottoman architecture style. Its architecture was Mimar Koca Sinan. It is still used as a house of prayer. 
   
Caravansary, Covered Turkish Bazaar, Almshouse, Mutbah 
Similarly, it was constructed by Lala Mustafa Pasha in H. 992 (M.1584). Therefore, Lala Mustafa Pasha social complex was completed in Ilgın. Today, these architectural works are rented by District Management of Foundations as Covered Bazaar and warehouse, and they enliven Ilgın as a lively bazaar. 
  
Handev-i Kandevi Mausoleum 
Construction time of this mausoleum is not known. It is near the hot spring, and has the architectural characteristics of a classical Ottoman mausoleum with a single dome on 4 pillars. 
  
Aged Soldiers Battalion Building 
 

The building has been used as the Military Branch until recently. Restoration works have started within the scope of the legislation on the contribution share for the preservation of Immovable Cultural Properties.